My Blog List

Friday, September 2, 2011

How to Make a Gift Bag

It was not my idea to make my own gift bags - I was inspired by a blogpost I had read the other day. As I have got piles of back National Geographics copies and  can´t discard them because of interesting articles and beautiful photos, I decided to use them in a new way. After  some failed attempts  I managed it a last and will now share my know-how with  you.
My friends favorite  colour is orange so I chose  a satelite image of  the Sun.

1. Choose a suitable photo and if necessary  paste carefully severel parts together to obtain the needed  size.



2. On the back side draw the design of the future bag. The measurements  depend of the  purpose.


Beginn from the  middle line. My sheet was 34 cm wide. On each side  from the middle line I measured 6,3 -1,5 - 1,5 cm an drew 6 vertical lines to the  top and one horizontal line 3 cm from the bottom.


3. Fold the paper along the lines and on the bottom side cut out  four pinching trianglss 3 cm high.


4. Paste the  back side.


5. Form the button and paste the parts together.


6. Trim in shape the top of the gift bag.


All you have to do now is to put the special gift for your special friend in your special gift bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment